The Genesis of "Cardshoppe"

...many moons ago (somewhere in the early to mid-1990s perhaps), I had adopted the moniker "CARDSHOPPE", in an attempt to trade and sell my trading card collections, under a unified name / brand, and imagined myself in a comfortable position of being able to collect trading cards, and be able sustain my hobby with sales of trading cards, at the same time!

That of course was naively foolish wishful-thinking, as I'd descended into self-induced madness, buying into a frenzy of gratification, and lay claim over numerous hand-collated sets ad loose cards, like I would that dragon in "The Hobbit" (whose name I forget...) that lived in a mountain cave with all his gold and treasures laid about him ... and that was a sad state to be in, methinks ... especially after I had Stroke back in 2010 (but that's another story for another time...).

Literal decades later, after leaving the hobby and taking up yet another life-debilitating hobby of collecting "toys" - i am back, and still attempting to revive "the brand", but this time, in an attempt to SELL my trading card collection(s) instead.

No, I no longer "collect" trading cards ... and have since "lost" my notebook with all missing cards written and noted down, alas ... but it's alright, I have new "vices", which I blog about regularly on TOYSREVIL (the name says a lot about my new "vice", innit? HAH).

I am based in Singapore, and all packages will be mailed out of Singapore.

Please bear with me as I attempt to fill these pages with the wonders of my time before and yesteryear :)

Cheers
Andy

Comments